Since the inception of Bedrock Analytics, the company’s overarching mission has been to democratize data for CPG professionals. Now more than ever, data drives the business world, especially in CPG, where the sheer volume and complexity of sales information makes it impossible for even the best teams of human CPG professionals to manage it all alone.
From sales managers to brand and category managers and executives, the unlocking of data empowers CPG organizations to make the smartest and strongest business decisions, faster than their competitors.
With the launch of the Bedrock Free Trial Powered by Nielsen, Bedrock CEO and Founder Will Salcido is realizing one of his longtime dreams — to offer free access to the most complete dataset available to CPGs, along with a tool powerful enough to make working with it and understanding it easier than ever.
“Together with Nielsen, we are democratizing analytics for the CPG industry,” said Salcido. “With Nielsen’s comprehensive data and our intelligent platform, we’re helping users better understand the value of telling better sales stories, without first having to make a financial commitment.”
The dataset provided by Nielsen for the Bedrock Trial is a full year’s worth of scan data from 50 key categories, representative of approximately 50,000 brands across all major retail channels, XAOC regions and markets throughout the United States. It covers 52 weeks — including 4 week, 13 week, 26 week and 52 week aggregate periods — as well as 21 key measures including dollars sales, unit sales, distribution, pricing, velocities, promotions and more.
Trial users will have free access to this data for 45 days, in which they’ll be able to use and assess Bedrock’s supreme ability to extract and present insights from the data.
- Visualize important sales trends: Conveniently compare and contrast different products and markets in a library of easy-to-understand visualizations covering analytics such as Trend, Share, Rank, Gap and more.
- Craft compelling storylines for sales: Access storylines that walk through a sequence of data events leading to a final, focused insight. Storylines for pricing and market comparisons, for example, end with specific insights into a company’s pricing strategy or market reach. Storylines make it easy to communicate with executives and retail buyers exactly what’s going on with your products and markets.
- Analyze promotion strategies and event calendars: Add context to sales data with Bedrock’s Promotion Analysis and Events Calendar. Plan, analyze and summarize promotions with intuitive and interactive visualizations, and easily share promotion and event insights.
- Gain competitive intelligence: Understand how competitors are performing by comparing sales data, promotions, pricing and other factors in various markets and channels.
- Learn from the In-App Guided Tour. Bedrock Trial users will have access to a library of tips and tutorials in which we share best practices for using Bedrock to analyze CPG data, drawn from the experiences of our expert staff, and hundreds of customers worldwide.
- And much more.
This is the first time CPG companies have access to a suite of data and analytical software on a free trial basis. And we’re extremely proud — and thankful to Nielsen — to offer this to the CPG community.
Bedrock Analytics is the first analytics platform to harmonize data from the entire CPG ecosystem—including retailers, syndicated data, and point of sale systems—and automatically surface insights about a CPG product’s sales, competitive trends and overall market opportunities. The Bedrock platform levels the playing field for CPG companies that don’t have endless resources and armies of analysts, by using machine learning algorithms and insight automation tools to distill complex data into what matters most to sales, marketing, analytics and executive teams.
Bedrock originally joined the Nielsen Connect Partner Network in late 2019. Through this program, Nielsen delivers data to Bedrock, which Bedrock then analyzes using its advanced machine-learning platform. The Nielsen Connect Partner Network is the industry’s largest open ecosystem of tech-driven solution providers for retailers and manufacturers in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
To start a free trial of Bedrock Analytics powered by Nielsen, sign up for an account today by requesting access via email@example.com.