Bedrock Analytics is looking for an exceptional full stack engineer to help us further develop a platform for story-driven analytics. On the back-end, you have worked with Play or Spring Boot framework to build microservices. On the front-end, you've worked with libraries and frameworks like React and Angular. You have a track record of delivering web applications that people enjoy using, and that support enhancements over time.
If you worked on machine learning and statistical modeling in the past and you enjoyed it, there will be many interesting challenges here.
You like working in an Agile best-practices environment. You understand the importance of testable, modular, efficient code. You work with testing frameworks to ensure that your code works reliably and across different clients.
A couple of the fun problems we’re working on:
Guided Story Creation
Our customers need to deliver data-driven stories, but often lack a background in analytics. Bedrock Analytics helps them create compelling sales stories based on their market data. We are quickly automating processes for the consumer-packaged goods industry, one of the largest industries in the world, in an effort to democratize insights and level the playing field for smaller brands to compete in retail.
Beautiful, Compelling Visualizations
Effective and clear visualizations are critical to our customers’ success. We not only provide standard charts, but also unique visualizations targeted to specific stories and data scenarios. Come help us create them.
- You ship. You’ve built systems you can point to. You deliver quality software quickly, and you care about helping your users achieve their goals.
- You work for startups. The slow pace of larger companies makes you crazy.
- You’re pragmatically Agile. We run an Agile shop, but we are not pedantic about it. We care about delivering for our users, not being buzzword-compliant.
- You enjoy your work. We work hard, but we care a lot about team spirit and collaboration. We also try not to take ourselves too seriously.
- 1+ years of professional web development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Firm understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software with a particular emphasis on Java
- Strong understanding of web technologies: Play Boot or Spring Boot or, AWS (S3, RDS, etc.), Jenkins and associated technologies/tools.
- Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning, is a big plus.
- Experience with HighCharts or similar charting libraries, is a plus.
- Experience with advanced data visualization libraries, such as d3, is a plus.
- This position is full-time and on-site in our Oakland office.
- Bonus points: Links to your GitHub account, open source contributions or personal code projects.
Job Function Details
- Designing, developing, and implementing software code for company’s primary web application; adding new features to the application, maintaining existing functionality, and ensuring that the serving infrastructure scales with the growth of the business
- Programming in Java and utilizing Spring Boot MVC framework
- Developing and maintaining software code for the back-end (servers and databases) of the web service using relational database technologies including SQL, to access and store business data in multiple PostgreSQL database clusters and the AWS data warehouse stack
- Utilizing NoSQL database technologies to access metadata in DynamoDB and cached data in Redis to make sure that any backend changes made do not result in adverse performance that could lead to service disruption
- Developing and implementing integrations with third-party service APIs including integrations with syndicated data provider gateways and processors and retail portals such as Walmart Retail Link and Whole Foods Data Portal
- Performing iterative design cycles and on-time feature releases using agile methods of development
- Participating in daily Scrum team meetings to coordinate immediate software development tasks as well as biweekly development sprint review and sprint planning meetings to help define work items the engineering team will commit to in the medium term
- Participating in team and project management meetings to define the long-term project timeline and major milestones
- Maintaining continuous integration and deployment tools; creating unit and integration tests for written software code; ensuring that any such tests are compatible with continuous integration and deployment tools that company employs including Jenkins
- Maintaining product source code in bitbucket
- Interacting with product management to develop product specifications
- Presenting product demos to other members of the team
- Leading and participating in frequent engineering feature to facilitate knowledge transfer and foster familiarity with the company’s technology across the organization
- Being as fluent in the front-end as well as the back-end of the application and its technology stack
About Bedrock Analytics
Bedrock Analytics powers the growth of today’s leading CPG manufacturers. The company’s cloud-based analytics platform and insights automation tools enable sales managers and business analysts to harness the power of data to craft powerful sales presentations that capture market share and drive increased revenue. Tracking more than $100 billion in CPG sales across more than 80 categories every month, Bedrock’s simple, powerful analytics platform and machine learning algorithms enable anyone within an organization to quickly and easily get the insights they need to close more deals. For more, visit bedrockanalytics.com.
- We offer comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter Pre-tax benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Competitive equity option grants
- Close-knit & friendly team
- Open office with rooftop lounge
- Beverages on-tap, snacks, etc
- We celebrate our consistent wins